The Flight of the Possum - Australian Whisky Tasting Set
We proudly present our ultimate indulgence in Australian craft whisky. First released in 2016, this is now the fifth iteration of our trademark whisky tasting flight.
This tasting set contains 12 of our favourite local whiskies. Each whisky is presented in a 30ml matte-black glass sampler bottle and labelled with the distillery, whisky name and where it was distilled. A 14-panel tasting booklet contains all the nitty gritty facts to keep you occupied while tasting.
This fifth edition flight features whiskies from TAS, VIC, NSW and WA. Many of them have won major awards, but we've also selected a few gems which have hardly been noticed. To round things out, we also compiled a tasting booklet filled with information about each whisky, profiles of each distillery and a history of whisky making in Australia.
All 12 whiskies and their accompanying notes are hand-packed neatly into a sleek presentation box, suitable as a gift or to help seek out your own whisky adventure.
Here's what's inside:
- Twelve 30ml samples of Australian whiskies:
- 'Port Cask' by Nant Distillery
- 'Nova (Wine Cask)' by Starward Distillery
- 'Rye Whisky' by Belgrove Distillery
- 'Limeburners Sherry Cask' by Great Southern Distilling
- 'Peated Single Malt' by Hellyers Road Distillery
- 'Port Expression' by Timboon Distillery
- 'Upshot' by Whipper Snapper Distillery
- 'Old Reliable' by Dobson's Distillery
- 'Two-Fold' by Starward Distillery
- 'Hybrid Whisky' by Twenty Third Street Distillery
- 'Corn Mash Whiskey' by Grove Distillery
- 'Tiger Snake Sour Mash' by Great Southern Distilling
- Tasting and distillery guide:
- A multi-panel booklet which contains all the juicy facts to keep you occupied while tasting
- Country of manufacture: Australia
It is against the law to sell or supply alcohol to, or to obtain alcohol on behalf of, a person under the age of 18 years.
Named after the famous White Possum of Gondwanaland, White Possum was launched in Melbourne in late 2014 to support and promote Australian-made spirits and their makers. As an inventive people, Australians can be found to be involved in almost any industry. The premise is that if the head distiller at the local Applewood, Starward, Four Pillars, Ironbark and Hunter Distilleries (or any number of other boutique, independent makers) can beat the international giants at their own game in blind taste tests, then why not support them in their quest for perfection. Everything White Possum does revolves around introducing Australian spirits to those who may not have tried them, or those who may have only had the occasional tipple.
Expected delivery within 5-7 business days