The Finke River and the Royal Meeting
The Finke River and the Royal Meeting (2015), was inspired by James Drinkwater’s travels to central Australia, where he visited locations such as Glen Helen Gorge and Ormiston Creek. On the trip he read a biography of pioneering Indigenous artist Albert Namatjira and felt inspired by the story of this ‘‘wanderer between two worlds’’. Buried in the heavily abstracted forms of this painting is Namatjira’s meeting with the young Queen Elizabeth, which took place at Government House in Canberra in 1954. - John McDonald, senior art critic, The Sydney Morning Herald
Hand-signed limited-edition giclee print of only 125. Delivery can be up to 6 weeks due to the logitsics of printing, signing and framing (if selected).
To purchase others from this collection click here
- Large: 84cm x 56cm inclusive of 5cm border
- Small: 60cm x 41cm inclusive of 5cm border
- Box frames are sourced from sustainable plantation timber
- Frame dimensions are 20mm face and 37mm depth.
- Available in Classic White, Matt Black, Tasmanian Oak and Dark Timber
- 2mm clear acrylic with 80% UV protection rating
- Artworks are mounted to acid-free foam core
- Artworks are set to the rear of the frame with a 20mm space to the acrylic.
- Crafted by Amarisco Picture Framing, Sydney. Ph 02 9439 3133, amarisco.com.au.
- The high quality of the paper should ensure a life of more than 100 years if cared for properly.
- A museum-quality, smooth cotton high white is used. It is 315 gsm with 100% cotton linters and a silky smooth matte surface.
- It is acid and lignin free with an excellent colour gamut.
- The surface has a special matte coating, designed for high-quality fine art and photographic reproduction.
- The term 'Giclée Print' (pronounced zhee-clay) refers to an elevation in printmaking technology.
- Images are printed with archival quality Ultrachrome pigment-based K3 inks onto canvas and smooth or textured fine art paper.
Our printing partner
Vision Image Lab, our professional printing partner, also arranges framing and delivery. You can contact them directly regarding any delivery enquiries regarding this print.
Contact: (02) 9319 3300
Delivery of unframed and small framed prints can take up to six weeks.
For large framed print orders you will receive an email to confirm when your order is ready for collection from Vision Image Lab at 45 George Street, Redfern, NSW 2016.
Drinkwater studied at the National Art School, Sydney, before moving to Melbourne and then Germany. His work is held in major public and private collections both nationally and internationally, including the Macquarie Bank Art Collection, Artbank, Allens law firm, the Newcastle Art Gallery, and private collections in New York, Singapore, Germany and the UK. In 2014 Drinkwater won the Brett Whiteley Travelling Scholarship.
All deliveries include tracking and require a signature on delivery.
|Delivery within Australia||Delivery time||Price|
|Standard delivery||Up to six weeks||FREE|
|International delivery||Delivery time||Price|
|New Zealand||Up to eight weeks||
1 x print $30
2 x prints $30
3 x prints $60
4 x prints $60
Plus $30 for every 1–2 prints thereafter
|Rest of world||Up to eight weeks||
1 x print $45
2 x prints $45
3 x prints $90
4 x prints $90
Plus $45 for every 1–2 prints thereafter