A unique collaboration between two of Australia’s most loved and respected artists, Charles Blackman and David Bromley. Drawn by Blackman and painted and reconfigured by Bromley, this rare and exclusive artwork has been reproduced as a limited-edition giclée print of 100 of each size.
Each print is hand-signed by David Bromley, includes the Blackman by Bromley stamp and is delivered with a certificate of authenticity.
- Medium image size: 40cm x 28cm
- Medium paper size: 50cm x 38cm
- Medium framed size: 56cm x 44cm
- Large image size: 67cm x 47cm
- Large paper size: 78cm x 56cm
- Large framed size: 86cm x 64cm
- Hahnemuhle German Etching 310gsm heavyweight etching board is velvety smooth with a fine surface texture. German Etching® is one of the most popular media worldwide for artwork and photography.
- Archival inks on a state-of the-art Epson printer have been used.
- The high quality of the paper should ensure a life of more than 100 years if cared for properly, as long as it is not hung in direct sunlight.
- It is acid and lignin free with an excellent colour gamut.
- The surface has a special matte coating, designed for high-quality fine art and photographic reproduction.
- The term 'Giclée Print' (pronounced zhee-clay) refers to an elevation in printmaking technology.
- Designed and made in Italy, the home of picture frame moulding, these Italian classics are made using the finest materials and finishes.
- The frame can be black, white, raw or dark brown, and measures 4cm x 2cm.
- Box frames are sourced from sustainable plantation timber.
- 2mm clear acrylic with 80% UV protection rating.
Published by FINEPRINT Co by Corporate Art, a curated print archive.
To view other works by David Bromley click here
To view other works by Charles Blackman click here
Charles Blackman is regarded as one of Australia’s most significant living artists. A master of modern figurative art, his works have been likened to those of Picasso and Sidney Nolan. As with many iconic Australian artists, Blackman’s first job was as an illustrator for a newspaper, the Sydney Sun. During this time he also attended night classes at East Sydney Technical College, before moving to Melbourne in the mid-1940s. It was here that his career as an artist began as he gained the support of art critic and patron John Reed and fellow artists Joy Hester and Robert Dickenson.
His importance as an artist only escalated when he exhibited his celebrated ‘Schoolgirl’ series. Through this collection, Blackman shows his talent for depicting events from the subjects’ unique points of view, using scenes from the lives of the children in Melbourne suburbia to depict his own psychological state. A sense of fear and isolation pervades the series; the often atypical angles infusing the pieces with unease, while the bland, washed-out colours display a certain remoteness.
In 1959, Blackman banded together with fellow figurative artists John Brack, Arthur Boyd, David Boyd, John Perceval, Clifton Pugh and Robert Dickerson to create the group ‘The Antipodeans’. In recent times, Charles has collabrated with contemporary art master David Bromley to create these unique limited editions.
Shop now. Wear now. Pay later. Interest-free
Pay in 4 installments
Pay for your order in equal fortnightly payments
Get your items now
Your order will be shipped now, just like a normal order
Nothing extra to pay
No interest, no additional fees if you pay on time*
Spend up to $1000
You can use Afterpay for orders up to $1000
All you need is
- An Australian debit or credit card
- To be over 18 years of age
- To live in Australia
To use this service
- Add your items to your bag and checkout as normal
- In checkout select Afterpay as your payment method
- Enter your details with Afterpay and you're done!
- Your payment schedule will be emailed to you
Other things to note
- The funds for the first payment will need to be available at the time of checkout. If you are a new Afterpay customer, the first payment will be made at the time of purchase, with payments over the next 6 weeks. Once you have been an Afterpay customer for at least 6 weeks for all orders under $500, your first payment is made in 14 days, with final payment in 8 weeks.
- If you wish to return your items you can choose an exchange, or the payment plan can be cancelled.
- *If you fail to make payment, you will be charged a late payment fee of $10 with a further $7 fee added 7 days later if the payment is still unpaid.