Limited Edition of 100
- 60cm x 48cm
- The high quality of the paper should ensure a life of more than 100 years if cared for properly.
- A museum-quality, smooth cotton high white is used. It is 315 gsm with 100% cotton linters and a silky smooth matte surface.
- It is acid and lignin free with an excellent colour gamut.
- The surface has a special matte coating, designed for high-quality fine art and photographic reproduction.
- The term 'Giclée Print' (pronounced zhee-clay) refers to an elevation in printmaking technology.
- Images are printed with archival quality Ultrachrome pigment-based K3 inks onto canvas and smooth or textured fine art paper.
- Box frames are sourced from sustainable plantation timber
- Frame dimensions are 20mm face and 37mm depth.
- Available in Classic White, Matt Black, Tasmanian Oak & Dark Timber
- Made with 2mm clear acrylic with 80% UV protection rating
- Artworks are mounted to acid-free foam core
- Artworks are set to the rear of the frame with a 20mm space to the acrylic
Ralph Hobbs has been observing, documenting and painting nature and the landscape for more than 30 years. From the remote Central Desert of Australia to the Himalayan foothills in Northern India, Hobbs has looked for the moments of fleeting beauty. More recently, he has been intrigued with the bird life of these wild places. Colour, form and movement combine in his artworks, acknowledging the minutiae often overlooked, and reminding us to slow down and observe.
The foundation of Hobbs' work is a strong drawing aesthetic and a keen eye for detail. His work is included in the Australian National Gallery and private collections in Australia, UK/Europe, USA and Asia. Hobbs has co-authored numerous publications on artists.