Our Place Scented Candle 300g
The promise of heat and long, lazy days; of golden views taken from the refuge of a cool, shady verandah; the scent of gumnut blossoms carried on a warm summer breeze. Top notes of fresh hay and tobacco leaf combine with soothing and comforting honey and iris whilst rich amber base notes evoke the subtle, spicy warmth of a late summer afternoon. Our Place is the scent of Australian summers.
- Scent: Sundried Hay / Gumnut Blossom / Amber IMAGE Kanimbla Valley #3, by Graham Gercken
- Poem: My Country, Dorothea Mackellar
- Details: 300g 10oz soy wax, two 100% cotton wicks, approx. 70+hr burn time. Recyclable kraft paper tube 95mm in diameter; 125mm in height.
Southern Wild Co is a new apothecary and lifestyle brand that evokes the wild spirit of Australia through scent, bush poetry and imagery.
Inspired by the diversity of our distinct landscapes and references to nature in Australian art, song, film and literature, Southern Wild Co pays homage to our cultural identity with a range of bespoke scented goods.
Handcrafted in Australia, Southern Wild Co products are designed to bring a little bit of the raw beauty of Australia into your space.
Southern Wild Co was founded in 2018 by Tania Robinson and Hannah Ley – two friends who share a deep love for the Australian bush and all that it inspires.
Our work with Southern Wild Co was informed by our own experiences growing up in the country and now, making our homes in the bush. We sought a way to share the evocative nature of wild Australian landscapes with friends and family, both here and overseas – and discovered the power of scent, enamoured by its ability to arouse emotion and trigger memories of home in us all.
Together, we have combined our skills in art, design and aromatherapy with passion and style to launch our brand.
Expected delivery time within 5-7 business days.
To ensure you receive the most out of your candle, we recommend the following care:
- On your first burn, light your candle for at least three hours. This will allow an even melt across the surface of the candle and will avoid tunnelling. Tunnelling results in a ‘tunnel’ effect running down the centre of your candle.
- To finish your burn, simply extinguish the flame by blowing gently or using a candle extinguisher or cloche. For our travel tin candles, we recommend using the lid to extinguish the flame. This prevents any chance of the melted wax from spilling.
- Before or after use, always trim the wick of your candle to a length of 5mm. This will stop the flame from becoming too big and will give you a smoke-free and even burn.
- Keep your candle clean by storing it back in its beautiful packaging or under a Southern Wild Co glass cloche.
- Discontinue use of your candle once wax is 10mm from the bottom. This will prevent any heat damage and cracking of glass.
- Always burn your candle on a flat and stable surface.
- Never leave a candle burning unattended or within reach of children or pets.