Ocean Isle Scented Travel Candle 100g
A celebration of our deep connection to the ocean; of childhood play and placid pools to fearless explorers, roaring oceans and a hint of the tropics carried on a salty breeze. Opening with a sparkle of bergamot and melon followed by fresh and rejuvenating aquatic and green notes, Ocean Isle is underpinned by the queen of all tropical flowers, Frangipani. Imagine diving under waves!
A premium full-sized travel tin in our signature navy and gold packaging, the Ocean Isle Scented Travel Candle is perfect for gifting or tucking in your overnight bag for a weekend away. Take a little bit of Australia wherever you journey or individually scent each room.
- Scent: Salt Spray / Sydney Palm Leaf / Frangipani
- Poem: Terra Australis, James McAuley
- Details:100g 3.5oz soy wax, 100% cotton wick, approx. 15+hr burn time. 100% recyclable aluminium tin.
Southern Wild Co is a new apothecary and lifestyle brand that evokes the wild spirit of Australia through scent, bush poetry and imagery.
Inspired by the diversity of our distinct landscapes and references to nature in Australian art, song, film and literature, Southern Wild Co pays homage to our cultural identity with a range of bespoke scented goods.
Handcrafted in Australia, Southern Wild Co products are designed to bring a little bit of the raw beauty of Australia into your space.
Southern Wild Co was founded in 2018 by Tania Robinson and Hannah Ley – two friends who share a deep love for the Australian bush and all that it inspires.
Our work with Southern Wild Co was informed by our own experiences growing up in the country and now, making our homes in the bush. We sought a way to share the evocative nature of wild Australian landscapes with friends and family, both here and overseas – and discovered the power of scent, enamoured by its ability to arouse emotion and trigger memories of home in us all.
Together, we have combined our skills in art, design and aromatherapy with passion and style to launch our brand.
To ensure you receive the most out of your candle, we recommend the following care:
- On your first burn, light your candle for at least three hours. This will allow an even melt across the surface of the candle and will avoid tunnelling. Tunnelling results in a ‘tunnel’ effect running down the centre of your candle.
- To finish your burn, simply extinguish the flame by blowing gently or using a candle extinguisher or cloche. For our travel tin candles, we recommend using the lid to extinguish the flame. This prevents any chance of the melted wax from spilling.
- Before or after use, always trim the wick of your candle to a length of 5mm. This will stop the flame from becoming too big and will give you a smoke-free and even burn.
- Keep your candle clean by storing it back in its beautiful packaging or under a Southern Wild Co glass cloche.
- Discontinue use of your candle once wax is 10mm from the bottom. This will prevent any heat damage and cracking of glass.
- Always burn your candle on a flat and stable surface.
- Never leave a candle burning unattended or within reach of children or pets.