Millettia grandis (Tree Wisteria)
Artist: Beth McAnoy. Native to south-eastern South Africa, and common in the warm coastal forests from Natal to Transkei, this tree is striking when in flower. Millettia grandis is a semi-deciduous tree that reaches 10â€“25 metres tall. When it is in flower, visitors are treated to a magnificent sight. The seedpods have a habit of exploding when ripe, a characteristic that has had dramatic effects in some artistsâ€™ studios. The hard strong wood is used in the manufacture of furniture, domestic implements and even walking sticks. The seeds are poisonous when eaten in large quantities, but when they are ground up and soaked in milk they provide a remedy for roundworm. The ground roots can also be used to induce sleep and as a tranquilliser.
- A4 - 210mm x 297 mm
- A3 - 297mm x 420 mm
- A2 - 420mm x 594 mm
Frames - Crafted by Amarisco Picture Framing, Sydney. Ph 02 9439 3133, amarisco.com.au.
- Box frames are sourced from sustainable plantation timber
- Frame dimensions are 20mm face and 37mm depth
- Available in Classic White, Matte Black, Tasmanian Oak & Dark Timber
- 2mm clear acrylic with 80% UV protection rating
- Artworks are mounted to acid-free foam core
- Artworks are set to the rear of the frame with a 20mm space to the acrylic.
- The high quality of the paper should ensure a life of more than 100 years if cared for properly.
- A museum-quality, smooth cotton high white is used. It is 315 gsm with 100% cotton linters and a silky smooth matte surface.
- It is acid and lignin free with an excellent colour gamut.
- The surface has a special matte coating, designed for high-quality fine art and photographic reproduction.
- The term 'Giclée Print' (pronounced zhee-clay) refers to an elevation in printmaking technology.
- Images are printed with archival quality Ultrachrome pigment-based K3 inks onto canvas and smooth or textured fine art paper.
Our printing partner
Vision Image Lab, our professional printing partner, also arranges framing and delivery. You can contact them directly regarding any delivery enquiries regarding this print.
Contact: (02) 9319 3300
All deliveries include tracking and require a signature on delivery.>
|Delivery within Australia||Delivery time||Price|
Unframed: Up to two weeks
Framed: Up to four weeks
|International delivery||Delivery time||Price|
|New Zealand||Unframed only: Up to five weeks||
1 x print $30
2 x prints $30
3 x prints $60
4 x prints $60
Plus $30 for every 1–2 prints thereafter
|Rest of world||Unframed only: Up to five weeks||
1 x print $45
2 x prints $45
3 x prints $90
4 x prints $90
Plus $45 for every 1–2 prints thereafter
- Small - 210mm x 297 mm
- Medium- 297mm x 420 mm
- Large - 420mm x 594 mm