Men’s Round Neck Superfine Merino Sweater - Dark Charcoal
A luxurious, lightweight sweater of exceptional quality. Made in Italy to our specifications using the very best Australian superfine merino wool: 16 microns and finer. Soft and super-comfortable, this wool is rarer than cashmere! These sweaters are limited editions, knitted for us in a third-generation family-owned factory near Milan. They are created on the finest gauge knitting machine in the world, beautifully constructed and hand-finished. This unique machine, plus attention to detail, makes this knitwear the ultimate in luxury and performance.
- Fine enough to wear under a suit or jacket, yet smart enough to wear over a shirt
- Perfectly light for travel and incredibly easy to wear, it can even be sported as a luxurious T-shirt
- Our model is 185cm tall, and wears a size 50 (Italian sizing). View our size guide.
- Weight: 220g
- Material composition: 100% Australian superfine merino
- Care instructions: hand or gentle machine wash (low-speed spin cycle) at very low temperature using liquid wool wash. Lay flat to dry naturally.
- Country of manufacture: Grown in Australia, made in Italy
1796 Luxury Knitwear is a modern Australian brand that fuses Italian fabric perfection with Australian ease.
Founded in Sydney by Margie Moroney, the 1796 Luxury Knitwear vision stems from a 25-year working association with the Zegna fine-wool family of northern Italy. Realising that the best performing Australian superfine wools were traditionally reserved for men’s suiting, Margie discovered that when used in knitwear, this beautiful fibre is actually rarer, springier, more luxurious and much more comfortable to live and travel with than cashmere.
1796 reinvents the experience of luxury through meticulous design, modern shapes and uncompromising attention to detail. Our take-you-anywhere pieces introduce you to our translation of casual chic – a unique blend of comfort, sophistication and quality.