Map of the Botanic Gardens Sydney, 1921.
Issued to celebrate the Royal Botanical Garden Sydney’s 200th anniversary in 2016, this beautifully detailed, coloured lithograph map of the Botanic Gardens Sydney in 1921 has been made available as a quality giclee print.
Covering the entire area of the Gardens, from the Man of War Jetty to Parliament House and from Customs House to Lincoln Crescent, this is one of the most detailed maps of the Gardens. It shows not only such minutiae as the base outlines of buildings, paths, flower beds, entrance gates, but even the position of major trees; names of individual statues, monuments and places of interest such as the Allan Cunningham Monument, the site of the Garden Palace Dome, the line of Phoenix canariensis along Macquarie street and the layout of the now long-gone Aviary Paddock and its accompanying ‘Insectarium’.
For Garden historians, this is a treasure trove of historical detail. The map was drawn and executed at the NSW Dept. of Lands by H. W. E. Cotton (1871-1932), a prominent artist and illustrator of the time.
Printed with the highest quality inks and paper, the prints are archival for more than 130 years and come with a certificate of authenticity, signed by the Editor in Chief and the Executive Director of the Botanic Garden & Centennial Parklands.
Antique reproduction note: Please note that the works in this collection have been faithfully reproduced from the originals and therefore reflect the antique paper and aged condition of the original.There may be slight age marks, pencil notations and Royal Botanic Garden verification stamps on some works that form part of the historic botanical illustration. Many of these works have not been seen before and this collection presents the opportunity to own a piece of botanical illustration history that's unique to Sydney.
57cm x 61cm
Frames - Crafted by Amarisco Picture Framing, Sydney. Ph 02 9439 3133, amarisco.com.au.
- Box frames are sourced from sustainable plantation timber
- Frame dimensions are 20mm face and 37mm depth
- Available in Classic White, Matte Black, Tasmanian Oak & Dark Timber
- 2mm clear acrylic with 80% UV protection rating
- Artworks are mounted to acid-free foam core
- Artworks are set to the rear of the frame with a 20mm space to the acrylic.
- The high quality of the paper should ensure a life of more than 100 years if cared for properly.
- A museum-quality, smooth cotton high white is used. It is 315 gsm with 100% cotton linters and a silky smooth matte surface.
- It is acid and lignin free with an excellent colour gamut.
- The surface has a special matte coating, designed for high-quality fine art and photographic reproduction.
- The term 'Giclée Print' (pronounced zhee-clay) refers to an elevation in printmaking technology.
- Images are printed with archival quality Ultrachrome pigment-based K3 inks onto canvas and smooth or textured fine art paper.
Our printing partner
Vision Image Lab, our professional printing partner, also arranges framing and delivery. You can contact them directly regarding any delivery enquiries regarding this print.
Contact: (02) 9319 3300
Free Delivery Australia Wide. International Shipping Rates below. Customs/Duty Fees may be applicable for deliveries to your country. Please seek information regarding this with your countries customs organisation.
Framed Prints are not shipped overseas. If you would like this order shipped overseas please select an unframed version of your chosen print and organise with your local framer to have your piece framed. The below mentioned rates are based on countries we currently ship. If you would like confirmation please go to checkout and select your country to confirm that shipping is available for your country and to receive your final shipping price.
|Number of Prints||Australia||New Zealand||Rest of Rest of the world
(confirm your country at checkout)
|1 - 2 Prints||Free||$30||$45|
|3 - 4 Prints||Free
|5 - 6 Prints||Free
|7 - 8 Prints||Free
|9 - 10 Prints||Free
For orders over 10 prints please confirm shipping costs at checkout when entering your address.
57cm x 61cm