In 2015, Australian-based artist Robert Doble unveiled his new series of abstractions, Gridlocked. A tumultuous, broiling, kaleidoscopic and dazzling epic of line-work and colour. Doble's grids contain multitudes. They hum with boisterous life. We can recognise portraits of the intensity of life in a gridlocked age of electrified currents of energy and information. Colour and rhythm collide in an experiential crescendo.
Limited edition: 100
- Print Size: 60cm x 60cm
- Paper: All prints are produced on 310gsm 100% cotton archival fine art paper using the latest-generation 10-colour pigmented ink sets. One of the most durable print processes available today, prints can be expected to last a lifetime.
- All frames are crafted in Melbourne from sustainably sourced Australian hardwood.
- Each frame is carefully sanded and finished by hand.
- The following timber and finish combinations are available: Tasmanian Oak - Natural Finish; Blackwood - Natural Finish; Tasmanian Oak - Deep Brown Finish; Tasmanian Oak - Satin Black Lacquer; Tasmanian Oak - Satin White Lacquer.
- Frame profile measures 19mm wide by 45 mm deep.
- 3mm acrylic glazing is standard on all frames with prints set back from the acrylic with 15mm spacers.
Melbourne artist Robert Doble studied at the Chelsea School of Art, London. Subtle influences from Doble's world permeate his powerful abstraction, with a strong reference to his English Pop heritage. Doble is represented in the National Gallery of Victoria as well as Pricewaterhouse Coopers, the Rockhampton Art Gallery, the Botanical Restaurant and private collections in Australia, Japan, the UK, the USA, Italy and Spain.
Robert Doble is represented by Nanda\Hobbs Contemporary in Sydney http://nandahobbs.com and NKN Gallery in Melbourne http://www.nkngallery.com