- Print only: 1343mm x 715mm
- Framed print: 1569mm x 941mm
- Hahnemuhle German Etching 310gsm heavyweight etching board is velvety smooth with a fine surface texture. German Etching® is one of the most popular media worldwide for artwork and photography.
- Archival inks on a state-of the-art Epson printer have been used.
- The high quality of the paper should ensure a life of more than 100 years if cared for properly, as long as it is not hung in direct sunlight.
- It is acid and lignin free with an excellent colour gamut.
- The surface has a special matte coating, designed for high-quality fine art and photographic reproduction.
- The term 'Giclée Print' (pronounced zhee-clay) refers to an elevation in printmaking technology.
- Designed and made in Italy, the home of picture frame moulding, these Italian classics are made using the finest materials and finishes.
- The frame can be black, white, raw or dark brown, and measures 40mm x 33mm.
- Box frames are sourced from sustainable plantation timber.
- 2mm clear acrylic with 80% UV protection rating.
David Bromley emerged as a painter in the mid 1980s. In the early stages of his career he held solo exhibitions in Sydney and Adelaide. Bromley has represented works in state and regional galleries and has been a five-time Archibald Prize finalist.
Bromley infuses his colourful works of birds and butterflies with a painterly style and unexpected metallic backdrops in gold and silver leaf. In his portrait series, Bromley explores the female form. His paintings are predominately provocative or demure, featuring life-size poses of models from fashion and film. The portraits are commanding and seductive, the females attractive and bare-breasted. However diverse his subject matter, Bromley’s work is enduringly figurative, daringly coloured and executed with a graphic intention reminiscent of Warhol’s pop art of the 1960s. This can be seen in the layering of high key colour and bold brushwork paired with the use of gold and silver leaf.
Bromley states that he draws inspiration from Warhol’s style, “in particular his portraiture and figurative work”. In the children-based work, the presence of the joy and innocence of childhood are evident. The compositions are reminiscent of bygone days, filled with imagery of toys, pets and adventure. In Bromley’s recent painting of the summers by the sea, he reveals a playful inquisitiveness that provokes fond memories of youth.
Shop now. Wear now. Pay later. Interest-free
Pay in 4 installments
Pay for your order in equal fortnightly payments
Get your items now
Your order will be shipped now, just like a normal order
Nothing extra to pay
No interest, no additional fees if you pay on time*
Spend up to $1000
You can use Afterpay for orders up to $1000
All you need is
- An Australian debit or credit card
- To be over 18 years of age
- To live in Australia
To use this service
- Add your items to your bag and checkout as normal
- In checkout select Afterpay as your payment method
- Enter your details with Afterpay and you're done!
- Your payment schedule will be emailed to you
Other things to note
- The funds for the first payment will need to be available at the time of checkout. If you are a new Afterpay customer, the first payment will be made at the time of purchase, with payments over the next 6 weeks. Once you have been an Afterpay customer for at least 6 weeks for all orders under $500, your first payment is made in 14 days, with final payment in 8 weeks.
- If you wish to return your items you can choose an exchange, or the payment plan can be cancelled.
- *If you fail to make payment, you will be charged a late payment fee of $10 with a further $7 fee added 7 days later if the payment is still unpaid.