House of Fefa (Hall) - Havana by Werner Pawlok
A self-taught photographer from Stuttgart, Germany, Werner Pawlok first picked up a camera when he was 16 in order to take pictures of his idol, Jimi Hendrix, on stage in 1969. Pawlok combines painting and photography. He has developed a process of transferring large-format Polaroid negatives onto handmade paper, then painting on them.
- Image size: 54cm x 74cm
- Framed size: 84cm x 104cm
- Lambda high quality photographic paper used to ensure superior quality and finish
- Mounted under glass
- Photo mount frame in Spessart oak, black colour, 20mm
- Edition of 150 worldwide through LUMAS Gallery
- Certificate with artist’s signature and number will be provided
Werner Pawlok is self-taught, the kind of artist who will not be stopped because he cannot do something or because something does not appear to be possible. He managed to get hold of one of two specialised large-format Polaroid cameras in existence, and takes the same approach to his subjects: unafraid and open to all possible outcomes.
Pawlok’s work enjoys wide recognition around the world, with numerous international awards, solo exhibitions, and group exhibitions with great artists such as Warhol, Richter, Mapplethorpe, and Polke. Pawlok’s career began in 1977, when he opened his first studio in Esslingen, Germany. Sever years later, he moved to Stuttgart. In 1988, spent a year in New York. In addition to his haunting black and white Polaroid portraits of authors, his signature style is most recognisable in his ‘Photography Paintings’ or in his celebrity and fashion photographs.
Shop now. Wear now. Pay later. Interest-free
Pay in 4 installments
Pay for your order in equal fortnightly payments
Get your items now
Your order will be shipped now, just like a normal order
Nothing extra to pay
No interest, no additional fees if you pay on time*
Spend up to $1000
You can use Afterpay for orders up to $1000
All you need is
- An Australian debit or credit card
- To be over 18 years of age
- To live in Australia
To use this service
- Add your items to your bag and checkout as normal
- In checkout select Afterpay as your payment method
- Enter your details with Afterpay and you're done!
- Your payment schedule will be emailed to you
Other things to note
- The funds for the first payment will need to be available at the time of checkout. If you are a new Afterpay customer, the first payment will be made at the time of purchase, with payments over the next 6 weeks. Once you have been an Afterpay customer for at least 6 weeks for all orders under $500, your first payment is made in 14 days, with final payment in 8 weeks.
- If you wish to return your items you can choose an exchange, or the payment plan can be cancelled.
- *If you fail to make payment, you will be charged a late payment fee of $10 with a further $7 fee added 7 days later if the payment is still unpaid.