Robert Doble’s latest paintings provide a narrative of our molecular world. The first impact is one of vibrancy as colours of unlikely combinations (yellow, mauve and purple or pink and yellow) catch the eye while the mind attempts to catch up with the image. Whereas much abstract art invites more of an intellectual response than a sensual one, in these paintings, the use of colour and the web-like structures seemingly caught at a moment of transformation initiate a dialogue with the viewer about a living, sensate, organic world always in a state of change, yet simultaneously creating momentary states of order.
Doble’s paintings are inspired by his interest in medical plates that show, under the microscope, the intricate patterns and dance-like movements of cellular matter. These paintings do not give a static surface; it is as if we are viewing the blueprints of human activity not only of our own bodies but also the natural environments in which we exist.
Limited edition: 100
- Paper Size: 80cm x 60cm
- Paper: All prints are produced on 310gsm 100% cotton archival fine art paper using the latest-generation 10-colour pigmented ink sets. One of the most durable print processes available today, prints can be expected to last a lifetime.
- All frames are crafted in Melbourne from sustainably sourced Australian hardwood.
- Each frame is carefully sanded and finished by hand.
- The following timber and finish combinations are available: Tasmanian Oak - Natural Finish; Blackwood - Natural Finish; Tasmanian Oak - Deep Brown Finish; Tasmanian Oak - Satin Black Lacquer; Tasmanian Oak - Satin White Lacquer.
- Frame profile measures 19mm wide by 45 mm deep.
- 3mm acrylic glazing is standard on all frames with prints set back from the acrylic with 15mm spacers.
Melbourne artist Robert Doble studied at the Chelsea School of Art, London. Subtle influences from Doble's world permeate his powerful abstraction, with a strong reference to his English Pop heritage. Doble is represented in the National Gallery of Victoria as well as Pricewaterhouse Coopers, the Rockhampton Art Gallery, the Botanical Restaurant and private collections in Australia, Japan, the UK, the USA, Italy and Spain.
Robert Doble is represented by Nanda\Hobbs Contemporary in Sydney http://nandahobbs.com and NKN Gallery in Melbourne http://www.nkngallery.com