Eden Project by Olaf Hajek
Olaf Hajek is a magician with colours, a virtuoso illustrator and a storyteller. Using rich colours, he creates enchanting worlds atop women’s heads. These mystical ‘hairstyles’ spark the imagination.
- Image size: 50cm x 36cm
- Framed size: 70.6cm x 56.2cm
- High-quality photographic paper (Hahnemühle William Turner matte finish) ensures superior quality and finish
- Photo mount frame, in Spessart oak, black colour, 20mm
- Mounted under glass
- Edition of 100 worldwide through LUMAS Gallery
- Certificate with artist’s signature and number will be provided
The Flowerheads series combines the art of portrait and still-life painting to make something that has never been seen before. Olaf Hajek gives us a glimpse into the way other cultures think, and while the individual components are very familiar, their unique arrangement makes them feel foreign. In Hajek’s surreal compositions, narratives grow and secrets bloom. The New York Times, The Guardian, Forbes, Rolling Stone, Süddeutsche Magazin and Stern are among the publications where Hajek’s work has appeared. The illustrator describes his own style as “the imperfection of beauty”.
Olaf Hajek was born in Rendsburg, Germany in 1965. After he finished his degree in Graphic Design at the University of Applied Sciences in Düsseldorf, Hajek moved to Amsterdam and began to work as a freelance artist. His first assignment came from Dutch Playboy, which was, at the time, a classic magazine known for its illustrations. Olaf Hajek primarily lives and works in Berlin, but travels frequently and is represented by an agency on nearly every continent.
Shop now. Wear now. Pay later. Interest-free
Pay in 4 installments
Pay for your order in equal fortnightly payments
Get your items now
Your order will be shipped now, just like a normal order
Nothing extra to pay
No interest, no additional fees if you pay on time*
Spend up to $1000
You can use Afterpay for orders up to $1000
All you need is
- An Australian debit or credit card
- To be over 18 years of age
- To live in Australia
To use this service
- Add your items to your bag and checkout as normal
- In checkout select Afterpay as your payment method
- Enter your details with Afterpay and you're done!
- Your payment schedule will be emailed to you
Other things to note
- The funds for the first payment will need to be available at the time of checkout. If you are a new Afterpay customer, the first payment will be made at the time of purchase, with payments over the next 6 weeks. Once you have been an Afterpay customer for at least 6 weeks for all orders under $500, your first payment is made in 14 days, with final payment in 8 weeks.
- If you wish to return your items you can choose an exchange, or the payment plan can be cancelled.
- *If you fail to make payment, you will be charged a late payment fee of $10 with a further $7 fee added 7 days later if the payment is still unpaid.