Double-headed Hawk Moth
Coequosa triangularis, originally created by artist Helena Scott as a watercolour and ink on paper. Part of the giclee print collection celebrating the Australian Museum’s 190th anniversary, each print is limited to an edition of only 100."The view represents the entrance of Port Jackson, with the old Sydney Lighthouse, which formerly occupied the site of the Macquarie Light at South Head." AW Scott
Each piece is printed on archival quality paper, allowing a life of more than 100 years if cared for properly. It is accompanied by a certificate of authenticity signed by the Editor in Chief and the Executive Director of the Australian Museum.
"These drawings are equal to any I have ever seen by modern artists... whether, in short, we look to the exquisite and elaborate finishing, the correct drawing, or the astonishing exactitude of the colors, often most brilliant, and generally indescribably blended, there is no poetic exaggeration in saying: 'The force of painting can go no further.' ” William Swainson, entomologist, Sydney Morning Herald, 1851
Please note that the works in this collection have been faithfully reproduced from the originals and therefore reflect the antique paper and aged condition of the original. There may be slight age marks and pencil notgations. Many of these works have not been seen before and this collection presents the opportunity to own a unique piece of natural history illustration.
In partnership with:
- A4: 210mm x 297mm
- A3: 297mm x 420mm
- A2: 420mm x 594mm
- Box frames are sourced from sustainable plantation timber
- Frame dimensions are 20mm face and 37mm depth
- Available in Classic White, Matte Black, Tasmanian Oak & Dark Timber
- 2mm clear acrylic with 80% UV protection rating
- Artworks are mounted to acid-free foam core
- Artworks are set to the rear of the frame with a 20mm space to the acrylic.
- Crafted by Amarisco Picture Framing, Sydney. Ph 02 9439 3133, amarisco.com.au.
- The high quality of the paper should ensure a life of more than 100 years if cared for properly.
- A museum-quality, smooth cotton high white is used. It is 315 gsm with 100% cotton linters and a silky smooth matte surface.
- It is acid and lignin free with an excellent colour gamut.
- The surface has a special matte coating, designed for high-quality fine art and photographic reproduction.
- The term 'Giclée Print' (pronounced zhee-clay) refers to an elevation in printmaking technology.
- Images are printed with archival quality Ultrachrome pigment-based K3 inks onto canvas and smooth or textured fine art paper.
Our printing partner
Vision Image Lab, our professional printing partner, also arranges framing and delivery. You can contact them directly regarding any delivery enquiries regarding this print.
Contact: (02) 9319 3300
All deliveries include tracking and require a signature on delivery.
|Delivery within Australia||Delivery time||Price|
|Standard delivery||Up to four weeks||FREE|
|International delivery||Delivery time||Price|
|New Zealand||Up to five weeks||
1 x print $30
2 x prints $30
3 x prints $60
4 x prints $60
Plus $30 for every 1–2 prints thereafter
|Rest of world||Up to five weeks||
1 x print $45
2 x prints $45
3 x prints $90
4 x prints $90
Plus $45 for every 1–2 prints thereafter
A4: 210mm x 297mm
A3: 297mm x 420mm
A2: 420mm x 594mm