Hokusai is of one of Japan’s most celebrated artists of the Edo period, The Store offers a small collection of Hokusai works as high-quality giclee prints. To purchase, see below.
Hailed as one of the most influential in the history of Japanese art, Katsushika Hokusai’s prodigious career spanned nearly 80 years, most of which was spent in penury. Best known internationally for his woodblock series, Thirty-six Views of Mount Fuji, of which his most recognisable work, The Great Wave off Kanagawa, is a part, Hokusai’s body of work also included brush paintings (surimono) and book illustrations, including the 15-volume Hokusai Manga series of sketches and caricatures, and art instruction manuals (etehon).
- Only 50 prints of each artwork are available.
- Printed with the highest quality archival inks and paper.
- To view the full collection of prints available, scroll to the bottom of this page.
- A detailed description, including size, paper and framing, can be found within the description of the artwork.
- Delivery can take up to four weeks.