Boronia floribunda, B. serrulata, hybrid, by Margaret Flockton, 1906
Issued to celebrate the Royal Botanical Garden Sydney’s 200th anniversary in 2016, this rare collection of stunning botanical illustrations was made available exclusively to The Store for the first time as giclee prints.
Printed with the highest quality inks and paper, the prints are archival for more than 130 years and come with a certificate of authenticity, signed by the Editor in Chief and the Executive Director of the Botanic Garden & Centennial Parklands.
Only 200 of each work are available.
Antique reproduction note: Please note that the works in this collection have been faithfully reproduced from the originals and therefore reflect the antique paper and aged condition of the original.There may be slight age marks, pencil notations and Royal Botanic Garden verification stamps on some works that form part of the historic botanical illustration. Many of these works have not been seen before and this collection presents the opportunity to own a piece of botanical illustration history that's unique to Sydney.
- Small - 210mm x 297 mm
- Medium- 297mm x 420 mm
- Large - 420mm x 594 mm
Frames - Crafted by Amarisco Picture Framing, Sydney. Ph 02 9439 3133, amarisco.com.au.
- Box frames are sourced from sustainable plantation timber
- Frame dimensions are 20mm face and 37mm depth
- Available in Classic White, Matte Black, Tasmanian Oak & Dark Timber
- 2mm clear acrylic with 80% UV protection rating
- Artworks are mounted to acid-free foam core
- Artworks are set to the rear of the frame with a 20mm space to the acrylic.
- The high quality of the paper should ensure a life of more than 100 years if cared for properly.
- A museum-quality, smooth cotton high white is used. It is 315 gsm with 100% cotton linters and a silky smooth matte surface.
- It is acid and lignin free with an excellent colour gamut.
- The surface has a special matte coating, designed for high-quality fine art and photographic reproduction.
- The term 'Giclée Print' (pronounced zhee-clay) refers to an elevation in printmaking technology.
- Images are printed with archival quality Ultrachrome pigment-based K3 inks onto canvas and smooth or textured fine art paper.
Our printing partner
Vision Image Lab, our professional printing partner, also arranges framing and delivery. You can contact them directly regarding any delivery enquiries regarding this print.
Contact: (02) 9319 3300