Katsushika Hokusai 1760–1849
To mark a groundbreaking exhibition at the National Gallery of Victoria (21 July–15 October 2017) of one of Japan’s most celebrated artists of the Edo period, The Store has obtained a collection of six Hokusai works as limited-edition giclee prints. To purchase, see below.
Hailed as one of the most influential in the history of Japanese art, Katsushika Hokusai’s prodigious career spanned nearly 80 years, most of which was spent in penury. Best known internationally for his woodblock series, Thirty-six Views of Mount Fuji, of which his most recognisable work, The Great Wave off Kanagawa, is a part, Hokusai’s body of work also included brush paintings (surimono) and book illustrations, including the 15-volume Hokusai Manga series of sketches and caricatures, and art instruction manuals (etehon).
- Each print is delivered with a certificate signed by the Editors.
- Only 100 prints of each work are available.
- Printed with the highest quality archival inks and paper.
- To view the full collection of prints available, scroll to the bottom of this page.
- A detailed description, including size, paper and framing, can be found within the description of the artwork.
- Delivery can take up to four weeks.