Acacia pycnantha, Lambertia formosa (Broad Leaf Wattle & Honey Flower), 1901-1904
This work was originally created as a lithograph by one of the Royal Botanic Garden's greatest botanical illustrators, Margaret Flockton.
This celebratory collection is limited to only 200. Each print is accompanied by a certificate of authenticity signed by the Editor in Chief and the Executive Director of the Botanic Gardens & Centennial Parklands on archival quality paper, allowing a life of more than 100 years if cared for properly. Delivery can take up to 15 working days.
Antique reproduction note: Please note that the works in this collection have been faithfully reproduced from the originals and therefore reflect the antique paper and aged condition of the original. There may be slight age marks, pencil notations and Royal Botanic Garden verification stamps on the some works that form part of the historic botanical illustration. Many of these works have not been seen before and this collection presents the opportunity to own a piece of botanical illustration history that's unique to Sydney.
- A4 - 210mm x 297 mm
- A3 - 297mm x 420 mm
- A2 - 420mm x 594 mm
Frames - Crafted by Amarisco Picture Framing, Sydney. Ph 02 9439 3133, amarisco.com.au.
- Box frames are sourced from sustainable plantation timber
- Frame dimensions are 20mm face and 37mm depth
- Available in Classic White, Matte Black, Tasmanian Oak & Dark Timber
- 2mm clear acrylic with 80% UV protection rating
- Artworks are mounted to acid-free foam core
- Artworks are set to the rear of the frame with a 20mm space to the acrylic.
- The high quality of the paper should ensure a life of more than 100 years if cared for properly.
- A museum-quality, smooth cotton high white is used. It is 315 gsm with 100% cotton linters and a silky smooth matte surface.
- It is acid and lignin free with an excellent colour gamut.
- The surface has a special matte coating, designed for high-quality fine art and photographic reproduction.
- The term 'Giclée Print' (pronounced zhee-clay) refers to an elevation in printmaking technology.
- Images are printed with archival quality Ultrachrome pigment-based K3 inks onto canvas and smooth or textured fine art paper.
Our printing partner
Vision Image Lab, our professional printing partner, also arranges framing and delivery. You can contact them directly regarding any delivery enquiries regarding this print.
Contact: (02) 9319 3300
Australian Wild Flowers
In 1901 the American Tobacco Co. Melbourne commissioned three sets of four paintings from Margaret Flockton, each set containing portraits of significant Australian wildflowers. This wildflower poster series proved very popular and was heavily advertised and promoted around Australia as free merchandise to promote the American Tobacco brand of cigarettes. Smokers would accumulate ‘certificates’ that they could then exchange for the wildflower prints.
While the original paintings that inspired these lithographs have never been found, each plant portrait in this collection bears the marks made on the lithographic plate by Margaret Flockton herself. Up to four hand-rendered coloured plates were required to complete each image. In turn-of-the-century style, compositions are elegant and the colours sumptuous. The technique and skill evident in these plant portraits showcase Margaret Flockton's exceptional talent as Australia’s first female lithographer.
IMPORTANT: Only unframed orders placed before December 15 will arrive in time for Christmas. International and all other orders may take up to two weeks longer than the normal delivery times listed below, due to the holiday period.
All deliveries include tracking and require a signature on delivery.
|Delivery within Australia||Delivery time||Price|
|Standard delivery||Up to four weeks||FREE|
|International delivery||Delivery time||Price|
|New Zealand||Up to five weeks||
1 x print $30
2 x prints $30
3 x prints $60
4 x prints $60
Plus $30 for every 1–2 prints thereafter
|Rest of world||Up to five weeks||
1 x print $45
2 x prints $45
3 x prints $90
4 x prints $90
Plus $45 for every 1–2 prints thereafter